SIG 30 Board of Director Elections.
Posted about 2 months ago
CALL FOR APPLICANTS FOR SIG30 BOARD OF DIRECTORS!
Attention all members: We need your help and involvement!
Elections for SIG30 Board of Directors is fast approaching! Open positions on the Board include the Incoming President (or President Elect- 3-year term) and the Secretary (2-year term). If you are interested in either of these positions, please use the “Contact Us” feature on our website to submit a letter of interest. Please include your name/contact information, what position you would like to run for, a summary of your APRN experience, prior involvement with SIG30 (if any), and a short paragraph explaining why you believe that you would be a good fit for the role, previous leadership experience, and what growth mindset means to you. If you have any questions about the above roles, please email us!
Furthermore, if you are interested in an appointed position (1 year term) for either Membership chair (helping with member recruitment/retention) or the Webmaster (helping to oversee the management of our website; keep in mind, the website functionality is run by ENP, who are available for IT support and questions), please also submit a letter of interest!
All applications must be submitted by May 15th, 2023. This is a great way to get involved within your profession and network with others throughout the state. See below for additional information regarding the roles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Learning term with focus on familiarizing self with functionality and organization of BOD
- Helps President with delegated/appointed tasks
- Annual term (Will transition to “President” after successful term completion, and then “Outgoing President” thereafter)
- Assists President in organizing and facilitating monthly SIG30 BOD meetings (4th Monday of the month, 6-7pm)
- Expectation that President Elect will attend all BOD meetings if possible
- Helps to facilitate and oversee monthly member meetings (1st Wednesday, 6-8)
- Expectation for attendance of 70% of member meetings
- Responsible for replying to incoming questions from members via the website within 48 hours of receipt
- Responsible for co-management of SIG30 social media account(s)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping record of important happenings on the SIG30 BOD and recording BOD meeting minute
- Record BOD meeting minutes within 4 weeks of meeting, present the minutes to the BOD at the following BOD meeting for approval, then required to post the minutes on the SIG30 website
- Also responsible for submitting article to Colorado Nurse Magazine quarterly, which should summarize updates on SIG30 and communicates important initiatives to the CO nursing communities
- Two-year term with potential for re-election
- Attends all BOD meetings, if possible; if not able to attend BOD meeting, arranges for cross-coverage of meeting minute recording duties prior to date of meeting
- Expectation to attend at least 70% of member meetings/year